The British weather can be rather unpredictable at any time of the year, so when it comes to The Arches Theatre, we want to ensure you come fully prepared for all types of weather ...
We, of course, hope that there will be amazing sunshine this summer and it stays dry for the full six weeks, but sadly on some occasions, it can get a little bit wet, but don't let that put you off joining us.
There will be some amazing theatre and music this year. We want to make sure you have the best time with us, and that it is a memorable experience for all the right reasons. We certainly don't want the changeable British weather to stop you from visiting or putting a damper on your time with us.
So, with that in mind, we have devised a little list of all the things that we think you may need to bring with you. Here goes ... What to bring with you. Firstly, essential items:
- Chair - without this, you will have nowhere to sit! Camping chairs are ideal, but please ensure they are not oversized ones
- Phone/Camera - to take photos and share them on our social channels @archestheatre!
- Torch - for returning to your car after an evening performance
Other items we recommend you bring:
- Picnics to enjoy before the show. Please, no tables. BBQs or any form of fire are not permitted
- Drinks - alcoholic or non-alcoholic, your choice!
- Sun cream/sun hat
- Cardigan/jumper/blanket - it can get quite chilly at The Arches once the sun starts to set
- Wellies/cagoule/raincoat - if it does decide to rain!
- Plastic bag - there will be bin bags available, but we ask that you are responsible for your rubbish and ideally take it home with you!
Please note, that with respect to other audience members umbrellas during the performance are not permitted. For more information on your visit, please see the Your Visit page on our website.
The shows will go on at The Arches Theatre whatever the weather, so be sure to come prepared. The decision to cancel a performance due to the weather is made at our discretion. Refunds are only given if a performance is cancelled.
We are really looking forward to welcoming you all to The Arches Theatre and we hope you are excited about the unique experience that awaits you.
If you'd like to find out more about anything I've written here, call me on 01234 241357 or leave a comment below and I'll be in touch.