The unique outdoor venue of the Arches Theatre takes its name from the four beautiful disused railway arches that are used to stage exciting live theatre and music performances over the summer months ...
Situated in parkland next to the River Great Ouse in Clifton Reynes (near Olney) in the picturesque and peaceful Buckinghamshire countryside, we offer our guests a simple yet unique experience.
It doesn't get much better than sitting comfortably in an idyllic setting, watching a first-class live performance with friends and family, a homemade picnic and a cooled glass of your favourite tipple in hand. That is a truly blissful way to pass a summers evening.
No London theatre prices either!
The Arches Theatre is all about bringing an immersive, exciting and different experience to the rolling Buckinghamshire countryside, where our audience won't have to pay through the nose for it. We create a unique experience that you won't get elsewhere within Buckinghamshire.
We want to be the best, so we put on fantastic productions that will complement our venue. We work with theatre companies and musicians that we know will just wow our audiences. There's something for everyone.
From Shakespeare and Sherlock Holmes to the West End and ABBA, we ensure we have the right mix so there is something for everyone to enjoy. We kick our fourth summer season off on 24th July with an extremely exciting lineup.
Here's what we have in store:
- Musicals in the Park (cast of West End artists) – 24th & 25th July
- Cinderella (The Family Panto – cast of local performers) – 30th & 31st July
- A Midsummer Night's Dream (Etcetera Theatre Company) – 5th to 7th August
- The Hounds of the Baskerville (British Touring Shakespeare) – 14th August 3pm & 7pm (SOLD OUT)
- ABBA Sensation – 20th August (SOLD OUT)
- Twelfth Night (Wet Mariners) – 21st August
- Robin Hood (DOT Productions) – 22nd August
- Jane Eyre (DOT Productions) – 22nd August
- Ripping Yarns (Milton Keynes Theatre of Comedy) – 26th to 28th August
Visit our box office today and get your tickets while you can!
Entertainment, excitement and escapism are what we all need after the year we've had, so why not treat yourself? Be whisked away for a few hours so you can have pure fun with your friends and family in an idyllic location in the (fingers crossed!) summer sunshine.
Thank you to everyone who has supported us so far and we look forward to seeing you all very soon.
If you'd like to find out more about anything I've written here, call me on 01234 241357 or leave a comment below and I'll be in touch.