The Theatre Industry is in critical need of help. Tonight (Tuesday 11th August) many venues are joining forces once again in the 'Light it in Red' campaign to support theatres and entertainment venues in our fight for survival. We took part in the initiative in July ...
We worked with the help of HDH Productions Limited who illuminated our Arches in 'emergency red' - the colour signifying 'standing by' in theatre, which many theatres have been doing since March. Unfortunately, we are unable to join the campaign tonight, but we stand in solidarity with our fellow theatres and artists who are also fighting for our industry.
In addition to the big outdoor theatres such as The Minack and Regents Park kicking off their productions, I've seen many artists putting together shows using park benches and a variety of open-air spaces. It just shows how desperate artists are to perform and get back to what they love to do the most. We, however, are one of the lucky few theatres who are able to reopen.
It's important to us to be able to continue supporting artists, both local and professional, now more than ever. We want to help our industry get back on its feet and enable artists to keep performing through these very tough times.
We are ecstatic to be able to open on Saturday 15th August with a range of performances on our outdoor stage offering something for everyone.
- Kicking things off, we have two sold out performances of 'The Comedy of Errors' by The Wet Mariners.
- On 22nd and 23rd August, local comedy troupe, Milton Keynes Theatre of Comedy will be entertaining audiences with their sold out stage adaptation of 'Allo, 'Allo!
- West End and Broadway star, Alistair Brammer, will be performing in his solo concert, 'A Night at the Musicals' on Thursday 27th August. Tickets are selling very quickly, so don't miss out.
- Do you want a panto? Oh yes you do! Great - well we have 'Aladdin' our summer family panto on 29th and 30th August with a cast of four brilliant local actors.
- BAFTA-nominated musician and comedian, Richard Digance, will be taking to our outdoor stage on 31st August with an intimate gig.
Hot off the press news - we do have one more production to announce, but we won't do that until tomorrow! So, you will just have to keep your eyes peeled on our social channels for full details.
We do hope that you will be able to join us at our quirky little theatre this month. We are a hidden gem in the Buckinghamshire countryside so don't miss out on a great live experience.
If you'd like to find out more about anything I've written here, call me on 01234 241357 or leave a comment below and I'll be in touch.