Outdoor theatre has grown in popularity over the last decade. It has turned into somewhat of an annual tradition for many in the UK ...
I want our audiences to have The Arches Theatre in their diary as their annual outing so they can continue enjoying the eclectic season of live theatre and music that we bring to our outdoor stage.
It draws you into another place and time, taking you away from your normal life, if just for a few hours. Being outdoor allows the whole dynamics of a performance to change, making it more immersive and interactive for both the audience and the actor, and giving it added impact. I've seen lots of fun audience participation (don't let this put you off) which has been great as this excitement and energy help gives an extra sense of enjoyment and escapism.
The Arches is a little hidden gem within the Buckinghamshire countryside. When people find it, they continue to return. They love the novelty of being outdoors, somewhere unexpected, rustic and quirky, and not having to pay through the nose for such a wonderful and different experience.
The experience starts before the show even begins. We invite our audiences to bring a picnic and relax with it in our beautiful parkland with friends and family, before sitting down to a fantastic live performance by some truly brilliant acting companies.
All these elements are part and parcel, to me, which is why outdoor theatre is one of the best experiences you could have. There's still lots more to come this summer, including:
- ABBA Sensation - Friday 12th August (a handful of tickets left)
- Richard Digance - Saturday 13th August
- Dan Evans 'Guitar and Dulcimer Concert' - Sunday 14th August
- The Wet Mariners - 'Love's Labour's Lost' - Saturday 20th August
- DOT Productions - 'The Jungle Book' and 'Pygmalion' - Sunday 21st August
- British Touring Shakespeare - 'The Merry Wives of Windsor' and 'Dracula' - Saturday 27th & Sunday 28th August
- Milton Keynes Theatre of Comedy - 'Ripping Yarns' - Thursday 1st - Saturday 3rd September
Get your tickets via our box office.
The show will go on whatever the weather! There is always a gamble with the British weather, but there is something quite charming and appealing about that! So, come and escape with us this summer and enjoy fantastic theatre at our quirky outdoor theatre near Milton Keynes.
We hope you can join us.
If you'd like to find out more about anything I've written here, call me on 01234 241357 or leave a comment below and I'll be in touch.