What a beautiful long weekend we've had of fabulous warm weather and sunshine. These are the perfect conditions for outdoor theatre, so let's hope it sticks around for our seven weeks of live outdoor theatre this summer ...
But, living here in England, you never know what weather you are going to get. So, that is why when you come to The Arches this summer you need to be prepared for every eventuality. We want to make sure you have the best time with us, and it is a memorable experience for all the right reasons.
We certainly don't want the changeable British weather to stop you from visiting or putting a damper on your time with us, so with that in mind, we have devised a little list of all the things that we think you may need to bring with you. Here goes ...
- Tickets (via your phone)
- Chair (this is imperative as this is what you will be sitting in to watch the performance!)
- Torch (for returning to your car after an evening performance
Other items we recommend you bring:
- Picnics to enjoy before the show (BBQ's or any form of fire are not permitted)
- Drinks (alcoholic or non-alcoholic - your choice!)
- Sun cream/sun hat
- Cardigan/jumper/blanket (it can get quite chilly at The Arches once the sun starts to set)
- Wellies/cagoule/raincoat (if it does decide to rain!)
- Camera (to take some great pictures of before, during and after the performance)
- Plastic bag (there will be bin bags available, but we ask that you are responsible for your rubbish and ideally take it home with you!)
Please note, that in respect to other audience members umbrellas during the performance are not permitted if it rains.
For more information on your visit, please see our Your Visit page. The shows will go on at The Arches Theatre whatever the weather so be sure to come prepared. The decision to cancel a performance due to the weather is made at our discretion. Refunds are only given if a performance is cancelled.
We are really looking forward to welcoming you all to our outdoor theatre and we hope you are excited about the unique experience that awaits you. Visit our Box Office to see our full lineup.
If you'd like to find out more about anything I've written here, call me on 01234 241357 or leave a comment below and I'll be in touch.