Congratulations to the cast and crew of ETC Theatre Company and Director Paul Wheeler, for a fantastic run of magical live performances of 'A Midsummer Night's Dream' this weekend at the Arches Theatre. We'll be sharing some of our photographs from the show, so look out for those ...
As one weekend closes, it's time for us to start looking ahead to next weekend and what is coming up on our summer schedule of live theatre and music:
Friday 13th August @ 8pm - For all you musical theatre fans, we have the very best of the West End returning to our outdoor stage. Alistair Brammer (Miss Saigon, Wicked, War Horse) will perform his concert 'The Magic of Musical Theatre' for one night only with his special guest Nikki Bentley (Wicked) who also hails from Milton Keynes!
Saturday 14th August @ 3pm - The brilliant British Touring Shakespeare debuts at The Arches with their adaptation of 'The Hound Of The Baskervilles'. This innovative production of this classic tale will make for an unforgettable evening of open-air theatre that promises to enthral audiences of all ages. The evening performance has already sold out. Matinee tickets only available.
Book your tickets today for these performances, and be prepared for an incredible outdoor experience with us this summer. At the moment, the weather for next weekend looks great. But as you know living in England, this can all change!
We want to ensure you are prepared to have a fantastic experience, so we have put a list of items you might want to bring with you. These are essential items:
- Tickets (via your phone)
- Chair (this is imperative! As this is what you will be sitting in to watch the performance! Make sure it's a comfy one!)
- Torch (for returning to your car/home after the performance)
Other items we recommend you bring:
- Mask/Hand sanitiser
- Picnic (BBQ's or any form of fire are not permitted)
- Picnic blanket
- Drinks (alcoholic/non-alcoholic - your choice!)
- Sun cream
- Sun hat
- Cardigan/jumper/blanket (it can get quite chilly at The Arches once the sun starts to set)
- Camera (to take some great pictures of before, during and after the performance.)
- Plastic bag (there will be bin bags available, but please ideally take it home with you!)
So, if it is raining, or just to be completely prepared:
- Wellies (if the ground is particularly wet)
Please note, that with respect to other audience members umbrellas during the performance are not permitted and the entire Arches Theatre is uncovered so you will want to come prepared.
If you'd like to find out more about anything I've written here, call me on 01234 241357 or leave a comment below and I'll be in touch.